dinsdag 7 oktober 2014

SSAS : The ID does not have a 'Database' parent Error

Introduction

Today,  I had a 'great' idea adding a cube in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) to an existing project for testing purposes. I ran into some strange errors : "The  <ID> does not have a 'Database' parent" Error. Also, a red cross in the cube icon in the solution explorer was visible. In this blogpost I'll show the errors, the possible cause and how to fix this..

The <ID> does not have a 'Database' parent Error

So, the following happened to me today. I added a cube that I copied earlier from the same project to an existing project. Below a screenshot of visual Studio (SSAS) of the error:


The red cross in the cube icon


I solved this error by renaming the ID the cube (xml file). The name was already used by another cube in the project. You do this by right clicking on the .cube file in the solution explorer, right click on view code and enter another ID in the XML file. Next step is saving the file and close the XML file.


I don't know if there is another solution. The ID in the properties of cube is greyed out and cannot be changed. I didn't encounter any problems after changing this in the cube. If you experience strange behaviour, let me know..

Conclusion

In this blogpost I've changed the ID in the XML Code of .cube file in order to avoid the  "The <ID> does not have a 'Database' parent" Error.

Greetz,

Hennie

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten